The application form for 2016 Workshop Bees has now closed.
Workshop Bee Guidelines
1. This is a request for a group shift; list 3 preferences to better the chance of your group receiving a shift. This program is extremely popular and we typically receive more requests than shifts available. In order to make it as fair as possible, a draw will be held for the oversubscribed (typically evening) shifts.
2. Please return your completed form before October 31. Successful groups will be contacted with date and time by November 10. Those not granted a Workshop Bee will be put on a waiting list in case we receive a cancellation.
3. Time slots are 3 hours each starting at 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. We ask that all volunteers commit to the full 3 hours. Ask your group to arrive on time as we begin with an orientation session including updates in procedures from previous years. Should there be late comers they will be asked to wait until we can provide them with the entire orientation session before they join your group.
4. Group duties may include some or all of the following: wrapping gifts for individual children, bagging gifts for families, sorting donations or condensing sorted toy bins.
5. Please contact us at least 24 hours prior if you need to reschedule or cancel.
6. Be aware that bookings are dependent on the availability of toys and work load. If the donation of toys or work load is down, we may have to re-schedule or cancel your group. We will contact you with the same 24 hour notification consideration.